Prior to heading out for the night
- Partying on an empty stomach is always unwise, you will be more susceptible to the damages of whatever substances you put into your body, the risks associated with exhaustion and you may generally feel unwell. So always have a healthy meal when you are planning to have a long day or night of partying. Your body will thank you later.
- Speaking of exhaustion – ensure you have a regular sleeping pattern before partying as this will mean that your body is well-rested and prepared.
- Always, always, always stay hydrated… but not too hydrated.
- GTGB is a long time, so always plan to have enough food, water, money and anything else you will need for this time.
While you are out and about celebrating
- Try to choose one close ‘party buddy’ that you trust. This means that you can look out for each other, and keep each other safe. Never leave the party without your party buddy!
- Having a party buddy means that one of you can seek help if the other is in trouble or danger. Keeping safe is the most important thing.
- If you are going to engage in sexual activities ensure you use adequate protection
- If you feel uncomfortable or do not fully consent then say ‘no’ and seek out somewhere/someone safe. Don’t feel pressured into doing things that you don’t want to do.
Rest & Recovery
- A good meal, more water, and a rest will help reset your body back to its baseline.
- Take a few nights off, stay in with friends - you want to remember this trip!
- If you don’t feel comfortable about anything that happened then talk to someone, like a friend or adult.